Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Season II Begins.


Whew! It has been quite a ride between now and the last day of shooting "Hell For The Company." It feels good to finally have the first episode up for everyone to see on the Animus Cross website. It seems like only yesterday Animus Cross was but a concept.

We had just finished working on a music video for rapper JRemy, directed and shot by AC's first season DP, Jason Satterlund. My husband, Jerry Buxbaum was playing the evil sheriff and something about his look tickled my imagination. Soon, Sheriff Alban Sarcous was born (sans eye patch). The rest of Animus Cross evolved around this rough edged character. Sarcous' deep anger seemed to fuel the story, creating the darkness.

After several painful re-writes, the first season was locked. Animus Cross will always hold a special place in my writer's soul because it was the turning point for me as a writer. It made me realize just how much I had to learn about writing, even after years of doing it. To be a great writer (which I hope to be some day) you must never stop learning and always, always keep writing.

Having a baby has made the writing part a bit harder to get to these days, but Animus is never far from my thoughts. There are just too many stories to tell within this harsh world.

With all that said, I hope you all enjoy what we've put together for you for our second season of Animus Cross. We had a great time creating it! We'd love to hear your feedback at our Facebook page and on the Forum.

Take care,
A.L. Steen
writer\director

No comments:

Post a Comment